Important - the axolotl on the right has sold!
These two gorgeous diaphonised axolotl are by far the best ones I’ve managed to diaphonise yet! Both were actually black in life, and carefully removing that colour from them was particularly challenging but the result is absolutely the reward I was looking for. As I have had issues in the past with getting the cartilage stain to properly bond with axolotl, I used a combination of two different mucopolysaccharide stains on these to try improve the chances of it grabbing. It is the result of this approach that gives the greenish tinge to the bodies, however this is substantially less visible in them in the jars vs out of glycerine like in the first image.
The axolotl on the left in the first picture was missing some digits from the front feet as well as the tip of the tail, hence the price is a little reduced. Axolotl are known to nip each other if they are under stress or hungry, so it is entirely possible that these digits were lost in life. However it was clear to me that that particular one would have been left in the tank for a while after its death as it had already begun the initial stages of decomposition when I recieved it. Unfortunately while jarring this specimen up, the remaining digit on its right front foot detached, which I only realised after jarring it up.